Monday, April 7, 2008

Some Sites, Some Thoughts

I. I rode in the Yarkon Park in Ramat Gan Saturday afternoon. Most times I try to ride early in the morning to avoid the crowds. So, when I got there at 4:00 p.m. I had a great deal of people to contend with who ignored the bike icons plastered on the roads and wandered aimlessly into my path. But, besides the dangers that this imposed on me, I was appalled to see the amount of plastic waste blowing throughout the park. Yes, the garbage cans were overflowing, and shame on the Ramat Gan park services for this happens all the time and they certainly do not have enough cans to collect this, but shame on us too! There is no excuse, none whatsoever, to trash our lands like this in such a habitual manner. Also, how much plastic do we really need?

II. Check out this site on Plastic. Look at the PDF's as well as the video clip. It is helping to change my behavior.

III. Also, take a few minutes to look at this site as well. Go to The Story of Stuff and spend a bit of time watching and reflecting on this video. We really do need to take a few moments to consider "stuff" as we tend to (myself very much included) use so much.

IV. And of course the 60's. Here is some great music from that Era. These are live concerts as well.

No comments: